Perform maintenance, custodial and grounds-keeping tasks that ensure the care and upkeep of school property.
- Performs routine maintenance activities.
- Performs routine landscaping activities, i.e., cutting, mowing, weeding, edging, blowing, planting foliage, and shrubbery and tree maintenance.
- Performs pavement and asphalt maintenance activities, including snow and ice removal.
- Performs structural maintenance activities, i.e., painting playground and field equipment, repairing fences and gates, preparing athletic fields.
- Performs cleanup and worksite restoration activities, i.e., picking up litter, disposing of waste and debris, cleaning surfaces.
- Assists with custodial duties and building maintenance and repairs, as required.
- Performs regular preventive maintenance and cleaning of equipment used; make repairs within the scope of abilities.
- Assists with traffic flow for daily student drop off, pick up and events.
- Assists in set ups for events (tables, chairs, signs).
- Responds to and take appropriate actions in the event of emergency or critical incidents to resolve, confine or prevent potentially injurious or hazardous conditions.
- Requests supplies as needed.
- Attend staff meetings, open houses, special events, etc. as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Facilities and/or his designate.
- High school diploma or GED is preferred along with 5 years related experience.
- Ability to operate standard custodial and grounds-keeping equipment.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to ascertain which people may need immediate assistance and to act accordingly.
- Ability to perform basic first aid preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all constituents in a school environment.
- Must have current and valid drivers license.
- Ability to work a rotating shift including Saturdays.
Interested candidates, please email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to [email protected].