Gesu School Director of Graduate Support
Reporting to the Vice-President of Mission, Ministry and Inclusion, the Director of Graduate Support plays a pivotal role in assisting our graduates gain admission to the high school that best fits each student, including competitive, college preparatory high schools; maintain enrollment/excel in high school through graduation, and gain admission to/graduate from college or other post-secondary education options.
Critical to the success and impact of the Director of Graduate Support is that she/he understand and value the mission of Gesu School and the important position of the Jesuits and Sister Servants of Immaculate Heart of Mary in that mission.
The Director of Graduate Support must demonstrate exceptional independence, creativity, and passion for the students and mission of Gesu School.
The Director of Graduate Support is a 12-month employee and receives two weeks of paid vacation. The responsibilities on this job description are not meant to be all-inclusive, and it is understood the Director of Graduate Support would perform all other duties as requested by the Vice-President of Mission, Ministry and Inclusion and the Principal.
High School Transition:
• Prepare students for transition to high school – understanding the high school environment (day and boarding schools)
• Provide opportunities for parent education in the high school transition process.
• Build portfolio, and strong relationship, of key contacts (admissions, counseling, advisors) at high schools
• Advocate for Gesu School students to attend the top high schools (independent; archdiocesan; selective magnet and charter)
• Coordinate an annual high school admissions fair for Gesu School students.
• Create an ongoing calendar for current students detailing the admissions process, including open houses, visits by admissions personnel, and deadlines for applications and financial aid.
• Assist with the high school placement process for current students.
• Conduct a site visit, at least once per quarter, at each high school currently enrolling Gesu School graduates to review students’ grades, meet with counselors, and coordinate tutoring/assistance for students experiencing academic or emotional difficulties.
College Placement Process/Graduation:
• Support the high schools’ college counseling process by advocating for the specific needs of our graduates and helping identify appropriate post-secondary placements for Gesu School graduates.
• Provide ongoing support for Gesu School graduates and their parents via workshops and learning opportunities in the areas of SAT preparation, college options, and financial aid.
• Provide a college transition workshop for high school juniors, seniors, and parents.
• Develop program for annual college tour for Gesu School graduates.
• Conduct a site visit - at least once per quarter - at local colleges/universities in which Gesu School alums are enrolled to meet with/develop/enhance the relationship with the students.
Public Relations and Development
• Develop social programming for alumni (retreats, luncheons, gatherings, and reunions) to build
and maintain alumni relationships with Gesu School. Partner with Development Team regarding
• Communicate with graduates through social media sites; partner with Development
• Regularly provide opportunities for alumni to become involved in the life of the Gesu School
through assemblies, service opportunities, and tutoring.
• Collaborate and share best practices with other directors of graduate support within Jesuit Schools
Network, and schools locally.
• Provide information on Gesu School and the graduate support program to high schools, colleges,
employers, community groups and other interested parties.
• Report to the board of directors, as requested, and make presentations as necessary.
• Maintain Raisers Edge alumni tracking database of Gesu School graduates including contact
information, high school placement, college placement, and work placement.
• Maintain statistics on our graduates’ high school and college graduation rates.
• Collaborate with board members, and other friends of Gesu School, to develop internship/career
opportunities for college students/recent college graduates.
• Regularly provide updates to the Development office regarding the alumni mailing list, school
and work placements, and highlights for the Development newsletter.
• Work with the Vice President of Development/his team to cultivate alumni financial support.
Education and Experience Required
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 2-3 years of experience in a graduate support role, or similar experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite and Google.
• Proficient in utilizing social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) to communicate with
• Candidate must exhibit a genuine commitment to the mission/philosophy of Gesu School.
• Candidate must exhibit excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
• Proven ability to network across diverse groups of stakeholders/constituents.
• Raisers Edge Alumni/Alumnae Tracking Module experience preferred.
The Director of Graduate Support is an executive level position that reports directly to the Vice-President
of Mission, Ministry, and Inclusion. He/she will also work closely with the principal, school counselors
and the development team. This role requires significant local travel. Candidate must have car and valid
driver’s license. Candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Please email cover letter AND resume to Carolynn Thompson at [email protected]