Position Purpose: The purpose of this position is to provide maintenance services as needed and/or assigned. You are required to assist in a wide variety of maintenance activities (daily grounds work, snow removal, clearing leaves, picking up sticks and clearing drains), addressing immediate operational and/or safety concerns, assisting skilled trades and ensuring that tools and materials are maintained in good working order and are available at job sites when needed. A valid driving license is required for picking up and delivering materials.
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor and Foreman
- Arrange furniture and equipment to prepare for special events.
- Assists skilled maintenance workers with projects for the purpose of completing projects in a safe, efficient manner.
- Cleans grounds area as needed and/or purpose of providing an effective working/learning environment, preventing damage and/or limiting liability exposure.
- Prepares written materials for documenting completion of job and/or conveying information.
- Helps repairs furniture and building system components only under the direction of a skilled craftsman.
- Responds to emergency situations.
- Transports a variety of tool, equipment and supplies to the job site.
- Help in snow removal
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Adherence to safety practices and handling hazardous materials
- Communication skills (oral and written) and confidence in conveying information to all types of members of the community, including teachers, administrators, other staff members and students.
- Basic Computer Skills.
- Ability to work as a team member and handle frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrates good judgment and dependability.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Requires prolonged standing, walking, climbing, stooping, crawling, twisting and squatting on a constant basis.
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Repetitive motion of the finger, hands and wrist.
- Requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull or push heavy objects or materials.
- Work in wide variety of environments as found in all areas of the school
- Driver’s License