Position Purpose: This is an entry level position. You are required to perform or learn semi-skilled plumbing, heating and cooling systems tasks assisting the Chief Engineer and Maintenance Supervisor in operating, maintaining and repairing a variety of our building systems which includes a modern computer control system. You are expected to work progressively on more difficult assignments with increasing independence as greater experience and skill is gained.
Reports to: Chief Engineer and Maintenance Supervisor
The successful candidate will be willing to learn and assist:
- Provides direct assistance to Chief Engineer or other repair/ maintenance staff in installing, maintaining, and repairing boiler, furnaces, water heaters, pumps generators, compressors, steam lines, water lines, and gas lines.
- Help perform plumbing and electrical repair including installation or repair of fixtures and drainage.
- Help repair electrical appliances and broken fixtures.
- Learn to understand a three-phase electrical system.
- Learn to revies and interpret working drawings and blueprints for mechanical and electrical building operating systems and equipment.
- Will be computer literate.
- Will gain knowledge of the Energy Management System.
- Helps Maintains the refrigeration systems.
- Willing to learn welding and soldering skills
- Provides courteous, high quality services and respond to request for service in a timely manner.
- Performs minor maintenance and repair task such as but not limited to event setup, snow removal, clear roof and storm drains and other general maintenance tasks with the Maintenance staff.
- Help the rest of the maintenance staff with snow removal and event setup when asked.
- A high School diploma or a GED
- A current driver’s license.
- Criminal and Child abuse clearances.
- A willingness to learn and a positive work ethic.
- Technology user skills enough to input, retrieve, view and print information.
- Communication skills (oral and written) and confidence in conveying information to all types of members of the community, including teachers, administrators, other staff members and students
- Ability to adapt behavior to function effectively in the institution’s culture, including those specific to the tradition of the school
- Commitment to the institution’s needs and readiness to respond in a timely manner
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Frequently lift equipment and materials weighing 50 pounds or more
- Work in wide variety of environments as found in all areas of the school
- Able to operate vehicles and machines
- Current driver license.
Benefits and Salary
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Benefits include medical, retirement, life insurance, paid vacation and sick days.